DR BROOKE HARCOURT
BNutDiet(Hons) BSc(Hons) PhD APD
Paediatric Dietitian and Lactation Consultant
Clinical Interests and Experience
All paediatric conditions requiring nutrition and dietetic therapy.
Brooke will help manage a broad range of conditions affecting infants, children and adolescents, including:
– Poor growth/ Failure to thrive
– Healthy growth curve establishment
– Introduction of solid foods
– Fussy eating
– Food sensitivities/intolerance/allergies
– Breastfeeding and Lactation counselling
– Weaning/Formula introduction counselling
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS WITH CHRONIC CONDITIONS
– Diabetes and endocrinology conditions
– Gastrointestinal conditions including Coeliac Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
– Kidney diseases
– Heart disease
– Cystic fibrosis
– Liver disease
– Metabolic disorders: carbohydrate, amino acid, mitochondrial, lipid
– Food allergies and intolerances
– Eating disorders
– Overweight and obesity
– Genetic obesity syndromes
– Polycystic ovary syndrome
– Autistic spectrum disorders and behavioural disorders
– Epidermolysis bullosa
– Childhood cancers
Brooke believes in working with children and their families to develop personalised and attainable nutrition goals.
Paediatric dietitians may work individually or part of a multidisciplinary team depending on your child’s condition.
At your initial appointment Brooke will assess: your child’s growth, eating patterns and habits, sleeping patterns, full dietary intake, daily activity levels and current medical condition and medical history. Goals for nutrition therapy are developed together with the family and any other relevant medical professionals and progress is evaluated each visit.
Consulting- Tuesday Afternoon Fortnightly
Appointments -9908 2998
©2010-2018 Wyndham Private. All rights reserved. Website design by A1dezine Ltd.